Englands Emergency Helicopter Ambulances
The Eurocopter EC145 T2 Twin-Engine Multi-Role helicopter can be used by law enforcement and rescue missions.
Equipped with state-of-the-art multifunction displays,
night-vision goggle compatible glass cockpit,
an advanced, Helionix digital avionics system,
and a four-axis automatic flight control system (AFCS).
A powerful searchlight
external roping capability
an external hoist
It can remain airborne for up to three hours and 33 minutes.
MAXIMUM TAKE-OFF WEIGHT : 3,650kg
MAXIMUM SPEED : 268km/h
Its modular design allows easy configuration for multiple roles including emergency medical services (EMS), search-and-rescue (SAR), fire-fighting, transportation of maritime pilots, and electronic news gathering.
Agusta Westland AW169 Essex and Hertfordshire Air Ambulance
- 2 x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210A series turboshafts
- 1,000 horsepower
- 306 Km/h
- Crew: 1 or 2.
- Capacity: 8 to 12 passengers, plus 250 kg (551 lbs) baggage and cargo; or 1 stretcher, plus 7 medical attendants; or 2 stretchers, plus 5 medical attendants.
- Length: 14.645 m (48 ft 1 in)
- Width: 2.530 m (8 ft 4 in) Horizontal stab 3.205 m.
- Height: 4.50 m (15 ft 0 in)